Want to go directly to the brownie recipe? click here to skip to the recipe for these 3-ingredient brownie bites with Reese!
Well, my time has finally come, and not a minute too soon: REESE, the makers of the most delicious peanut butter cups ever (can you tell I’m a fan?), came out with a chocolate peanut butter spread and it’s available in Canada. And just like that, my prayers were answered. I’d like to believe they made it just for me. After all, I’m allergic to hazelnuts, so I am LITERALLY their target market. I no longer have to make nutty chocolate spreads from scratch when I have a craving. Now, I can schmear REESE’s chocolate peanut butter spread liberally on soft white bread. Now, I can watch Murphy ’s Law unfold right before my eyes because I will inevitably drop my open-faced sandwich on the floor, chocolate peanut butter spread-side down. It’s not that I want to waste food, but I know that this is what is going to happen when I make myself a sandwich probably because I will be too excited. Murphy’s Law!
I can finally explore all those recipes that featured the one chocolate spread I couldn’t touch with the one ingredient that I couldn’t eat. I can finally taste it all, without a worry. My time has come, people!
To celebrate this momentous occasion and the arrival of REESE’s chocolate peanut butter spread, I created this 3-ingredient recipe for chewy, peanut buttery chocolate brownie bites, a riff on one of those recipes that I watched explode on the internet, but couldn’t try. It doesn’t get any easier than this, and if you weigh out your ingredients, all you need are a bowl and a spoon, really. Now excuse me while I go stuff my face with REESE’s peanut butter chocolate spread and these brownie bites. It’s my turn!
Are you as excited as I am about the new REESE’s peanut butter chocolate spread?
P.S. Imagine if I had pressed miniature REESE’s peanut butter cups into the centre of these brownie bites. I feel like I have to go make them again, don’t you? If you prefer, I have a gluten-free brownie recipe that might work for you. Or if you’d rather make a pan of brownies, try these popcorn brittle brownies.
3-ingredient brownie bites with Reese
3-ingredient Reese's brownie bites
this 3-ingredient recipe for chewy, peanut buttery chocolate brownie bites, a riff on the 3 ingredient Nutella brownie recipes. It doesn’t get any easier than this, and if you weigh out your ingredients, all you need are a bowl and a spoon, really.
- 300 grams Reese’s peanut butter chocolate spread 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 188 grams all-purpose flour 1 ¼ cups
- Topping suggestions: crushed salted peanuts strawberry jam, Reese’s mini pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a couple mini muffin pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Reese’s spread with the egg, then add the flour and mix to combine.
- Scoop and form into small balls of about 20 grams, pressing slightly to flatten them and place one in each muffin cup. Leave them plain or press down the centre and fill with a small dollop of jam (~1/2 tsp). Or you can sprinkle them with chopped salted peanuts or a few Reese’s pieces, pressing them down to stick them. Bake for 13 minutes or so, until the surface of the cookie appears dry and not shiny. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding.
This post is sponsored by REESE as part of their #DoYouSpoon campaign. I was compensated monetarily and with product. Thanks for supporting the companies that allow me to create content for Kitchen Heals Soul. As always, please know that I wouldn’t work with a sponsor nor recommend a product if it wasn’t worth it.