This easy recipe for booze balls made from dark chocolate and amaretto makes a great edible gift to send to loved ones for the holidays.
- 175 grams (1 cup) Cacao Barry Ocoa 70% dark chocolate or your favourite dark chocolate
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) corn syrup
- 300 grams (⅔ lb) vanilla wafers or other grocery store plain cookies like social tea cookies
- 120 grams (1 cup) chopped nuts or ground almonds
- 63 grams (½ cup) icing sugar
- 125 mL (½ cup) amaretto liqueur
- Granulated sugar for rolling
Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave at 50% power. Set aside.
Add the corn syrup and stir well to mix.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the vanilla wafers with the chopped nuts. Process the mixture to form fairly fine crumbs.
In a large bowl, combine the crumb mixture with the powdered sugar.
Add the melted chocolate mixture and the amaretto.
Mix really well with a wooden spoon.
Let stand about 20 minutes and then form the mixture into 1-inch balls (roughly 13 grams mixture per ball).
Roll the balls in granulated sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg